CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thalia Ortiz


There are many things that our family (mother's side) shares: we are related (duh), girls rule by majority, most of the girls share the same 'almond-shaped eyes' which leads to plenty of us being asked is we are Asian, togetherness, jokes for days, tough love, and most of us were raised with very health conscious parents ♥
One specific girl has always had my heart from day one. Thalia. Not that I love her more than anyone else, it's just the fact that I share many memories with her and see her as a little sister. I've been around her whole life and we have always been close. Could have to do with the fact that her mom, being my mother's youngest sister, lived with us for a while and I grew really close to her before she started a family of her own. I saw her as my 'cool aunt.' I loved how she would make collages of her favorite artists, bands, actors, words, pictures and glue them on things around her room.
When Thalia was born, I knew I finally had a little sister.
She has always had a brightness about her. Quiet most of the time, but very loud on the inside. Once you broke her a bit, her attitude would surprise you. She speaks her mind, is level-headed, sarcastic and is very creative. Something we share in common.
I am constantly creating something. Whether it be in the kitchen, on a canvas, with one of my cameras, in a journal.. you name it. Creating anything beings me joy. She is the same way. She has those same sort of wheels turning in her head. I know she will go far because although she may procrastinate at times, she knows what she wants and is a positive person.
Here are a few of her creations (she's made more clothes, but they got sold, lol):







I cannot express how proud I am of the lady she is becoming. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next! Love you, Thatis ♥ Now, go make me some sweaters. It's cold out here! ☺

0 comments:

Post a Comment