CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My art

My life has always been inflluenced by art and creativity. As a kid, my dad would take me along with him as his 'assistant' to go paint murals he would do on the side. I would clean his brushes, paint a large section that I couldn't possibly mess-up, and help clean up. He has always done tattoos, sketches, paintings on canvas, murals on walls, etc. I've been around to see it all.
Well, I didn't believe he had such an impact on me until a few years ago. He bought me a huge canvas, acrylic paints, a brush set, etc. I mean, I knew I was creative, pretty good at drawing, had a good handle on some watercolors, but never thought much of it. And I told him, 'I don't know how to paint.' He said, 'Yes, you do. You just don't know it yet.' So he told me to paint whatever I wanted and to send him a picture when I finished.
It took me a short time to figure out what I wanted to paint. I have been fascinated by the colors and the meaning behind the tradition of dia de los muertos (day of the dead). So, a sugar skull it would be. It didn't turn out perfect, but I loved it and I kept painting. Here are some of my paitings I have done. Some inpired by pictures I've seen, loteria cards, etc. but all in all, I love to play with color ☺
I will keep posting as I keep painting more ☺

In order of being painted [Left to right]: Psychedellic Sugar,
Cherry Breeze, Amor Azul
[Bottom right]: Luna Serenade

Painting I made for my friend Sarah using some bright gold
concentrated acrylic for some sparkle ☺ 


Roses & Skulls

Jewelry box I painted for a friend
Inside of jewelry box
[Left]: My painting [Right]: Actual loteria card
[Left]: my painting [Right]: Actual loteria Card

[Left]: My painting [Right]: Actual loteria card
Incubus inpired Skull

My most recent: Love birds.
Thanks for believing in me and always being such an inspiration, daddy. I love you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment